Community with Diversity
Healing Roots provides an effective, comprehensive, and compassionate process for understanding whiteness, working respectfully across culture, and being an agent of positive change.
- Groups of professionals wanting effective tools for working across culture
- Organizations wanting trainings on structural racism or European American culture
- Individuals of European heritage looking for healthy ways to understand their cultural identity and be effective agents of social change.
- Develop ways for our society to maintain our different cultural identities while appreciating and respecting each other
- End racism and the privileging of "whiteness"
- Support European Americans to develop healthy and authentic identities
- Appreciate and utilize the leadership and resources of people of diverse cultures
To study and teach others about:
- The social construction of whiteness – its history, how it produces structural racism, and what European Americans have lost because of it
- Our present culture – to perceive our cultural lens, and to avoid normalizing our own ways of knowing
- Our cultural roots – to discover healthy resources not tied to colonialism or oppression
- Ways of working between cultures that are respectful and replace the dominant systems and protocols that uphold structural racism
- Ways to support healing for all peoples from the historical trauma that racism and oppression have produced.
“We know what we are working against – we know we want to eliminate racism from the world, but what are we working for? What does a world look like where everyone belongs?”